It’s your brother, Lusanja evictees tell Museveni

President Yoweri Museveni on Tuesday morning drove to Lusanja village in Kawempe division, where little known Medard Kiconco started a forceful eviction of residents.

At least 350 houses have so far been razed to the ground and over 200 more are waiting to be demolished.

Museveni went to the area in company of Justice Catherine Bamugemereire of the Land inquiry commission who informed the gathering that the eviction was carried out before the commission concluded its investigations.

But as Museveni sought to calm the locals, some of the evictees stepped forward and told him that they were aware that his young brother, Gen Caleb Akandwanaho aka Salim Saleh was behind the evictions.

“Officials from Operation Wealth Creation (OWC) came here and convened a meeting in which they told us that they wanted to set up some developments here. Who heads OWC? Isn’t Gen Saleh?” One man asked Museveni.

The man was backed up by others, forcing Museveni to telephone Saleh but all in vain.

Minister Seninde (pointing up) shows the extent of damage to President Museveni

Nonetheless, Museveni said, his brother’s name is unfairly being dragged into the saga.

“The Saleh propaganda is rubbish because he has no powers to break anyone’s house,” Museveni said.

He ordered for an investigation and directed the police not to allow any further demolition of houses in the area.

Museveni also directed the Office of the Prime Minister to aid the victims with relief items like maize flour, tents, jerrycans and saucepans.