How piety and Taqwa can increase your provisions before Allah
Assalaam alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.
We thank Allah who has kept us alive. With life, we are able to worship Him perfectly in order to attain Paradise. I pray to Him to enable us remember Him and perfect our worship.
Today, we are looking at piety and putting our trust in Allah and how the two can increase our provision or rizq.
1. PIETY (TAQWAH): Imam Nawawee and Muhammad Muhsin Khan define it as obedience to Allah’s orders and abstinence from unlawful practices.
2. Whoever observes piety in its true sense, he/she is assured of Allah’s provision from unexpected sources.
Allah also promised such a person away out from all difficulties encountered. Read surat Talaaq 65:2-3.
3. Allah states in surat Al-A’raaf 7:96: ” If the people of the towns had but believed and feared Allah, We should indeed have opened out to them all kinds of blessings from heaven and earth…”
Scholars deduce from that verse the increment of Allah’s provisions to communities that observe piety.
On the other hand;
4. PUTTING OUR TRUST IN ALLAH- Implies reliance on Allah alone in all affairs. It doesn’t mean sitting down and wait for rizq to descend from the heaven but rather calls for exploiting all the best means at your disposal with full trust in Allah.
Lock your door and then say I have put my trust in Allah. Don’t leave your door open and say I have relied on Allah.
5. Allah the Almighty says in surat Talaaq 65:3; “And whoever put his trust in Allah, Allah is sufficient for him…”
6. The Messenger of Allah SAW states that: “If you were putting your trust in Allah, He would have sustained you as He sustains the bird….”.
Indeed the birds do not have garden of cereals but Allah provides for them from His unlimited sources.
Let us sincerely fear Allah and trust Allah because He is our Creator, Sustainer, Provider, and the Richest. With Him, everything is possible. Don’t underestimate Allah’s capacity to solve all your needs.