After Ramadhan, what next?
Assalaam alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu. Allah is the Greatest. He has enabled us to complete our fasting. We pray to Him to accept it and grant us Jannatul Firdausi. Having completed the obligation of fasting, let us do the following:
1. Constantly pray to Allah to accept our deeds with emphasis on fasting.
2. Ask ourselves whether fasting has enabled us to to attain piety which was intended. I refer you to our second last lesson about the attributes of piety.
3. Endeavor to go ahead with your spiritual routine that you have established during the month of Ramadhan.
4. Try as much as possible to fast the six days in Shawwal as soon as possible.
5. If you missed some days due to some permissible reasons, also make up those days as soon as possible.
6. Let us continue with praying at night especially at the time of sahur. Present your challenges to Allah and ask for forgiveness. Maintain a daily program of reciting or listening to Quran, feed some people occasionally, be good to your relatives and all other people and say salam to Muslims whenever you find them.
7. Keep your eyes, tongue, ears, and hands away from Haram. Continue with your moral standards that you have established.
8. My brothers especially, be regular in your local Mosque by performing your five daily prayers in Jamah.
9. Observe sincere repentance by not indulging in the haram that you had given up.
10. Be humble and remember Allah wherever you might be.
This is the day of rewards from our Lord. Let us keep ourselves in the boundaries of Islam. Have a blessed day. Eid Mubarak.