Ssebuguzi wins Fort Portal motor rally
Ronald Ssebuguzi has won the Uganda Motor Club rally held in Fort Portal on June 2 after he crossed the finish line in 1:43:47, a minute behind second placed Kepher Walubi. Suzan Muwonge finished third to maintain her 100 percent record of finishing all the four competitions she has competed in.
It was a bad day for Ponsiano Lwakataka, Hassan Alwir, Duncan ‘Kikankane’ Mubiru and Christakis Fitidis after all the four failed to cross the finish line due to different mechanical problems.
Yusuf Bukenya’s car caught fire after two sections on day two of the rally and only wreckages can be picked from the scene.
Though Jas Mangat couldn’t take part in the rally, he remains on top of the 2018 National rally championship table with 200 points, followed by Unisan Bakunda who finished 6th in Fort Portal with 194 points.
The rally winner Ssebuguzi now is now 5th on table with 150 points after he had gathered 50 points from the previous rally in Masaka.
2018 Fort Portal rally finishers
1. Ronald Sebuguzi/Leon Ssenyange 1:43:47
2. KepherWalubi/Anthony Mugambwa 1:46:03
3. Susan Muwonge/Edmond Kyeyune 1:46:35
4. Fred Wampamba/Paul Musaazi 1:49:39
5. Omar Mayanja/Hussein Mukuye 1:52:09
6. UnisanBakunda/Umar Kakande 1:53:38
7. Adam Rauf/George Semakula 1:55:36
8. DrAshiraf Ahmed/Edward Kiyingi 2:00:01
9. Godfrey Aine/David Mwesigwa 2:02:01
10. Peter Kalule/Mariam Nambasa 2:05:37
11. Abdul Kateete/Rahma Mohammed 2:07:29
12. Edwin Kalule/MichealKizito 2:09:00
13. Alex Wakabi/Muhammed Sebina 2:15:53
14. Andy Musoke/Aaron Nsamba 2:16:43
15. Byron Rugomoka/Hakim Mawanda 2:26:12
16. Charles Sansa/Charles Lubega 2:27:27
17. Gilberto Balondemu/Steven Bunga 3:02:30