Museveni promotes, retires Kasirye Gwanga.
Controversial army man Brig Kasirye Gwanga will finally retire from the army. According to a short message released by the Uganda Media Centre, Gwanga has been promoted to the rank of Major General and also allowed to retire this year. No specific date has been given.
He is among the seven senior UPDF officers that have been promoted by President Yoweri Museveni on the recommendation of the UPDF’s commissions board. In total, 1,384 officers and militants have been promoted to various ranks.
The seven senior UPDF officers on the list are:
1. Brig Kasirye Gwanga to Maj Gen. (to retire 2018)
2. Brig Rwabantu to Maj Gen (Deputy General officer Commanding Reserves)
3. Col Charles Wacha to Brig (Director Human Rights )
4. Col Charles Byanyima to Brig (Commander Motorised Infantry Brigade)
5. Col Henry Isoke to Brig (Deputy CMI)
6. Col James Nambale to Brig (Adjutant General Headquarters )
7. Col Kagoro Asingura to Brig (Ministry of Defence and Veteran Affairs Legal Officer)